Brett Davis



Background/Facts:
Age 37; Birth Date: August 1969
Height/Weight: 5’7”, 175 lbs (getting there)
Occupation: Finance
Disciplines: Mountain Biking, Road and Cyclocross
Experience: 7 years racing
Class: Mountain Bike: Semi-Pro (30-39); Road/Cyclocross: Cat III

Race Results:
The last six (6) years from 2001 through 2007, I have averaged over 25 races per year including road races, traditional cross country events, 12/24 hour team races, 12/24 solo races, offroad 100 milers, and cyclocross races. The 2007 season was a very good one for me. I raced in over 15 races and had many top 10 finishes and personal records (PR). I competed in three of the National Ultra Endurance races, Mohican 100, Lumberjack 100 and Wilderness 101, placing 19th, 29th and 33rd overall, respectively. The highlight of the season was my 5th place showing at the 12 Hours of Razorback (Reddick, Florida) amongst a strong solo field consisting of over 89 entrants. I logged 12 laps of the rugged 10 mile course and just missed the cutoff for a 13th lap which might have put me into the top three. Another highlight was the Mohican 100 where I was 19th overall with an 8:52 finish time among nearly 200 starters. I also had a good day at Wilderness 101, taking over 20 minutes off my finish time from the year prior and finishing in 33rd overall in a field of nearly 300.


2008 Racing Goals:
My goal events for 2008 include:
1. Top 3 at 12 Hours of Florida (formerly Razorback), FL;
2. Top 5 at Dirt, Sweat & Gears 12 Hour, TN;
3. Top 10 in a NUE Series race (targeted races include Mohican 100, Wilderness 101, Breckenridge 100 and Shenandoah 100);
4. Compete in at least four to five races of the NUE Series;
5. Podium Placement and 16 laps at 24 Hours of Big Bear, WV; (Granny Gear);

Personal & Professional Life:
I have been married for 11 years to my high school sweetheart, Shannon and a father to Madeline (7) and Alexander (4). In July of 2007, along with a partner, formed a real estate development company. Prior to that, I worked in the banking industry for 10 years and real estate sales/development for three years. Have a Masters Degree in Business (1998) and Bachelor of Arts in Economics (1992). Other interests include bicycle maintenance and repair, XC skiing and golf. My athletic background is quite diverse. I raced BMX, played baseball, wrestling, football and raced motocross through high school. I played rugby in college and represented the USA in an international tournament in 1995. In the summer of 1996 I ruptured by ACL in the United States National Rugby Finals. In December of 1996 I got married and in January of 1997, I quit my job and started business school. In the summer of 1998, I received my MBA. After graduate school, I worked in investment banking (14+ hour work days), gained 30 pounds (215, yikes), never saw my family and my cholesterol reached 210. In late 2000, I quit investment banking job, got a new job and got back into cycling. Cycling and family are my passions. I have a great career that I love.

Contributions to Community:
- Trustee of Ruffing Montessori School;
- Trustee of Fast Track Cycling (Cleveland's Indoor Velodrome)
- Member of CAMBA (Cleveland Area Mountain Bike Association) an IMBA affiliated mountain bike advocacy and trail building group;
- Promote annual Chagrin River Cyclocross Challenge race;